Saturday, August 25, 2012

A Month Of Meals

My back to school resolution has been to get organized and stay organized. I did pretty good last year by making sure most everything was ready and prepared the night before, but this year I am going above and beyond. I am already on top of things at school and I make sure I spend a few hours on Sunday preparing for the next week, but know there has to be even more I can do. 

I found This on Pinterest, 
but no matter what link I click on it take me nowhere, but I get the general gist from the picture. Different types of meals are color coded and the recipes are bound together and hung below for quick reference.

Pure Genius I tell you!

I already have the calendar on my fridge and my new awesome chalk board wall is right across the fridge which will make it super easy to write down the ingredients I need each week. It will take me a little while to get everything together and I am currently working on a monthly meal calendar which should make being prepared even easier.

So far I am going to stick to Meatless Mondays, Taco Tuesdays, Whatever Wednesdays, Thursdays are usually a Meat/Chicken/Fish Day, and Friday we like Homemade pizza or Date Night. I don't usually "Cook" on the weekends we just eat whatever is around the house. I just finished September's calendar and my grocery list so we will see how this goes. If this goes well I will be working on October's calendar very soon. I foresee lots of yummy soups with grilled cheese bites in our future,


No comments: